Crack GATE 2018 Exam in First AttemptGATE (The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2018 Exam is a gateway for all aspiring & qualifying candidates to secure admission for postgraduate(P.G) programs in centrally funded Indian institutions. This year IIT Guwahati is organizing institute for GATE Exam. GATE is highly competitive entrance exam where lakhs of candidates appear for examination to crack the exam and hence it requires good tips and proper guidance for GATE preparation.
Here is a list of tips that you must go through to ace your GATE exam in the first attempt.
- Know the Exam pattern : The GATE Exam is a single paper online examination of three hours, with 65 questions carrying a total of 100 marks. The question paper will consist of both multiple choice questions and numerical answer type questions.
- Follow the GATE Syllabus : During your preparation, aim to complete the given syllabus rather than studying out of syllabus topics. Since there are many subjects included in the syllabus, it is important that you should make a particular study plan to prepare each and every topic of the syllabus.
- Read standard text books : Prepare at least one standard text book for each subject in GATE syllabus. Reading one book may not cover the complete syllabus. In such a scenario you must ensure that you are not relying on these text books completely. To avoid this, it is a good practice to actively engage yourself through online platforms that provide resource material for your practice.
- Understand fundamentals and Practice quizzes: Initially, focus on understanding the concepts and later focus on mastering each topic through the practice tests. For this purpose, you must aim at solving as many problems/quizzes as on regular basis and improve accuracy and performance in each test.
- Preparation Time and Strategy : Preparation depends on many individual factors such as aptitude, fundamentals, understanding level etc., typically, a rigorous preparation from 4 to 6 months is considered well enough for getting into IISc or IITs. A topic by topic studying plan will help you understand each topic extensively, with enough practice.
- Make short revision notes : Once you have considerably gone ahead with your preparation, you can start reading all the chapters again and prepare short notes for all important topics. These short notes can help you to recall entire preparation and useful for your last-minute revision.
- Recall all concepts and methods : After the preparation of complete syllabus, spend one month before the exam to recall all concepts, formulas, methods and examples. Remember the definitions, important points and formulas during the revision. Always remember to get your basic concepts clear, it will help you to crack even tough questions.
- Test your abilities : In order to maximize your chances to get a good performance score, you need to minimize the time you spend during reading, understanding and solving for each question in the exam. Many of GATE questions can be answered with reading and understanding. So final goal is to improve your time to solve each question.
For GATE 2018 Exam preparation with latest study notes, practice tests and more, join Koshika Academy a Best GATE Coaching Institute in Lucknow. They are the oldest ones in Lucknow City and carry many years of Teaching and Industry experience.